Class 13 Members Recipe 2024 National. Supplied by Peter Robinson.
|1kg||Mixed red frozen fruit|
|250ml||Red grape concentrate (or 2l of red grape juice)|
Red wine yeast
Most supermarkets sell a mixture of blackberries, strawberries, blackcurrants and redcurrants. Waitrose sell a good quality red grape juice.
- Wash sultanas in warm water and then mince.
- Place frozen fruit, minced sultanas and half the sugar in a bucket, cover with 2 litres of boiling water and crush the fruit.
- When cool, add nutrient, pectic enzyme and yeast and ferment on the pulp for 2-3 days.
- Strain and press fruit lightly.
- Add grape concentrate or juice and the remaining sugar and place in a demijohn, topping up with water if grape concentrate has been used.
- It is best to leave a bit of space until the fermentation has died down.
- Then top up the demijohn with cooled boiled water and ferment to dryness before following usual stabilization and racking processes.